St Edward the Confessor,
Mentioned in the Doomsday Book in 1086, St Edward the Confessor, Barlings is situated on land formerly owned by Kolsveinn, Lord of Brattleby, Lincolnshire and tenant-in-chief of more than fifty manors in the county at that time.
The older part of the building is Norman, however, there was a major rebuilding of the east end of the nave and the chancel in 1876 by Charles Kirk Jr, an architect and partner in the architectural and civil engineering firm of Kirk and Parry based in Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
Inside there are 'commandment boards' which have been painted directly onto the walls and are believed to be either late 18th century or early 19th century.
The Royal Coat of Arms were painted in 1739 by Edward Hunton of Lincoln.
The church and village of Barlings were given as part of a foundation gift to the nearby Barlings Abbey when it was founded by Ralf de Haya, son of the constable of Lincoln Castle in 1154.