St John the Baptist,
Stainton by Langworth
The current Grade II Listed grey stone church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, was designed during the Georgian era by Thomas Berry of Gainsborough between 1794-95 after the previous 14th Century church fell.
A further restoration in 1885 incorporates some of the 14th Century materials from the first church including the font.
The church itself is situated within a working farmyard and sheep are often found grazing within the churchyard.
Inside the church, a beautiful stained-glass window depicting St John the Baptist overlooks the altar whilst opposite, at the other end of the church, is an elevated viewing gallery.